In-person, self-service visits to Maze Branch, as they are at the Main Library, look different than they did in pre-COVID times.
- For everyone’s safety, masks are required to enter and stay inside.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet and visits under 1 hour are encouraged.
- At this time, seating is not available.
- There are no physical newspapers, no programs, and no meeting and study room access.
- Laptops are not available to check out for onsite use. Borrow for home use »
- We hope to reintroduce services as conditions continue to improve.
- A total safe building occupancy limit of 40 has been determined with the help of the Oak Park Health Department. This number will be displayed in real time at Maze’s first-floor desk and in the bar at the top of this website.
- Library staff are working behind the scenes and not at public service desks. Staff are available primarily by phone.
Maze open hours
- Mondays-Wednesdays, 2-6 pm
- Thursdays-Saturdays, 10 am-2 pm
- Closed Sundays
Maze services available
- New! Download the self-checkout app; Learn more about meeScan »
- Browse and self-checkout materials.
- Pick up holds.
- Return items; exterior book drops open now »
- Use a public computer. Oak Park cardholders only can call ahead to 708.386.4751 to schedule a 45-minute appointment.
- Print, scan, copy, and fax.
Dole Branch to remain closed
Dole Branch, because of its even smaller square footage and lower safe occupancy numbers, will remain closed at this time. We will continue to monitor closely factors such as the local infection rate and the completion of vaccinations of library staff members to determine when in-person services will resume.